Sunday, August 2, 2009

Perth!! How long do you think I'll last???

Happy Monday!

Do you guys want to place bets as to how long I will last away from America???

My brother Eric only predicted 2 weeks.
My friend Kevin Wray predicted less than a year, and I have to pay him 500 dollars if that's the case.
My parents, are set on 8 mos.!
What do you think?????????????????????????
I cannot beleive that I have almost been away for an entire week. The time has gone by fast. I personally think I will last, but then there are times when I have culture shock like crazy.

Things I need to adjust to:
1. All the phrases, tones, and social norms that I dont know or understand.
2. The expensive EVERYTHING!! Retail shopping is very expensive here.
3.Round-abouts on the roads. They have a lot of them.
4.The METRIC SYSTEM.
5.The grocery stores seem like ours, but hardly carry any brand we carry.
6.Expensive Restaurants. Even the simple restaurants are very very expensive.
7.They have a lot more coins than we do, I need to learn them. For instance, they have a $1 & $2 coin, 10cent coin, 20 cent., and so on.
Cottesloe Beach, (My new beach)
Things I'm LOVING about Australia so far!!:
1.The beautiful non-polluted beaches. Blue waters and white sand.
2.Tim Tams. (Cookies that are better than an Oreo).
3.Clean Air.
4. Everything is locally grown.
5. HUGE farmers markets, with lots of CHEAP fruits and Veggies.
6. Public Transportation is good.
7. Lots of outdoor time.
8. Cute little kids with cute Australian accents. I'm in love with all the kids!
9. Lots of surfers and surfing.
10. Lots of beach time.
City of Perth, from Kings Park (A good park to hike at).

7 comments:

  1. Hi Marcy!
    I came across your blog and I think its great your in Australia. I am an aussie so if you have any questions about anything... maybe the phrases I can help you with lol feel free to ask. I hope you enjoy your stay here in australia. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi marss! im so glad to hear you are doing well. your blog entries are entertaining :) so cool about motocycle dealership AND you CAN hold a Koala is you want! I believe in you! Personally I think you will last for the whole year.

    love you, dd

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks like it is going well. Cool pics - Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallo Marcy...
    I like to joint your blog although my English is still poor and I enjoy your hand typing too.

    one of your fan

    Dewi Larasati

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Marsss!! The updates so far look great, would love to see some pics of your neighborhood and around Perth!! Miss you. -Drew

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you will make it over a year. I predict 2 years! That is just the right amount of time ;)

    <3 Monique

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you'll make it way over a year! I'm saying you'll marry some dude from OZ and stay there

    ReplyDelete