Sunday, August 2, 2009

A Koala Story...

When I was a little girl, my dad worked in Australia, because he works in the mining industry. Anyhow, when he would go, I would always ask him to bring me back a Koala bear. He thought I meant a toy, but really what I meant was that I wanted to own my own Koala bear. One year, he brought be back a stuffed Koala bear, and I was so dissapointed. That's when I learned, that I would never be able to have my own Koala as a pet.


Since then, I have been determined to actually see a koala in person. Come to find out, there is this place in Sydney that allows people to take pictures with the koala. I read it on this advertisement, and the first thing I could do that morning is walk to "Wildlife World", so I could hold my own koala. WELLL......I walk all the way there, and rush to the exhibit, which cost me 22 dollars....and it turns out that it is against the law in New South Whales Australia for people to hold and touch the koalas. So all a person can really do is stand by them to take a picture. If I really want to hold a koala, I have to try the small exhibits outside of New South Whales.

What a disspointment. AGAIN!

I'm truly on a mission to find a real life koala to hold. People have done it, I just need to find the place.



Below: Which one is cuter?? The Koala or the Guy???
(I KNOW THAT'S A DIFFICULT QUESTION, because I HAD A HARD TIME DECIDING MYSELF!!)
I couldn't hold the guy either!!! (Well, I guess I could have held him if I really tried, but I was still too disspointed about the Koala Law!!)
Oh yeah, and this guy has no idea he was part of my picture. NOR does he know he is part of my blog now! ha ha! He is just some Spaniard tourist walking around, looking hot, and making single women's days better.


3 comments:

  1. This story made my day...as you know I work for a travel agency so anytime we are doing a feature on Australia it is a running joke to find a photo of someone hugging a koala. I let my boss know that my cousin is in Australia and she is determined to hug a koala! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaa that's freakin hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Martini, you are really something! Aunt P.

    ReplyDelete