Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Most Isolated City on Earth....



Perth: The Most Isolated City on Earth

Before I moved here, everyone would tell me,
"Did you know you are moving to the most isolated city on earth??"

I really didn't think anything of it, but, then...after
being here for a few weeks...I have realized. Yeah. I'm in an entirely new
world. It feels even more isolated sometimes, because most of the time, I have no clue where I am at. There are about 1.5 million people in my city, and everything is much slower than what I am used to. There are definately days when I get culture shock, and all I want to do is sit in
traffic, go to a store that is opened past 5pm...or just hear another
American voice in person, not just on the TV or in the
movies.

Today I realized how
glad I am that I followed through with


living in Perth, and not the east coast of Australia. I AM FORCED to be isolated from other Americans. The East Coast of Australia has tons of American tourists. So the chances of me running into another American would be much higher there than here. NOT to say Perth does not have any American immigrants, I just find that I am much more original here, than in other areas of Australia. I know for certain, that Perth gets American exchange students, but since I am not going to "University", I do not run into many people of my own culture. Which I think is cool. For once in my life: I'm a rare species. And that's cool.

Will upload pictures of my neighborhood as soon as I can get the uploaded images to work.
Here's To A New Life in a New City,
Marcy

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a cool city, I like keeping up with your travels, the monster truck show looked fun. - Taylor

    ReplyDelete